I have mixed feelings this week…I was sad to see the last day of summer break, and yet summer really is not a ‘break’ when you are a wedding photographer. In fact, these last many weeks have been a full tilt – non stop – girl in white dress – blur. During the month of August alone – I personally shot over 6500 photos. Let’s put that into perspective… in order to complete all that is necessary for those 6500 fabulous images – we needed to:
– send & reply to nearly 1000 emails
– meet with each client to discuss their specific wedding needs
– travel to dozens & dozens of locations
– set up, light & pose each photo
– edit & retouch every single photograph in the digital darkroom
– package & invoice each job
– deliver images to clients
I did the math – 6500 photos in one month means all of the above is completed at a pace of 20 images per hour. All emailing, travelling, editing, and meetings included. Assuming a 10 hour work day, 7 days per week. Which pretty much sums up my month of August.
So while September is also a popular wedding month, it is a slightly slower pace, and I am looking forward to my day off:) I have to say though, I am feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. You know what they say in the wedding business: happy bride = happy life. And I am feeling good.